Here’s something we never thought would happen: eating DELICIOUS Indian food while camping! But…drum roll…here we are! A 1 pan Indian dish that was so yummy and so easy to make!
Picture this: you finish a long morning hike, and make your way back to the campsite. You aren’t looking forward to another peanut butter sandwich with a side of pretzels. However, once you’re back, your camping partner has prepped a curry dish that is a little slice of Mumbai!
You do a quick little dance for joy, clicking your heels as you let out a gutteral guffaw! Your happiness takes over and you collapse into your folding chair, devouring the fantastic dish, savoring every bite.
Our 1 pan Indian curry dish will have that effect on people. While camping, or even cooking at home, try out this easy recipe, you will not regret it!
[This ingredient count is for 2 servings. If you are cooking for more, you might have to break out your TI-89 calculator and do the math.]
- 1 pack mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 sweet peppers
- 6 oz protein of your choosing (optional, our favorite is chicken)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 package curry paste
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- Camping Stove (or fire pit complete with fire)
- Cast-iron Skillet
- Cast-iron Scraper & Oil (for skillet care)
- Turn on camping stove and heat up cast-iron skillet
- While skillet is heating, chop up mushrooms, peppers, onions, and protein
- If you’re using uncooked protein, cook in the sizzling cast-iron skillet
- Add mushrooms, peppers, and onions
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until peppers, onions, and protein have a little bit of char
- Add coconut milk, curry paste, and water (note: more/less water will make the dish more/less soupy, make it how ya like it!)
- Once the entire dish starts bubbling, add rice
- Boil until rice is cooked (5 minutes for Minute Rice)
- Add any hot sauce(s) to your heart’s delight
- Serve to your salivating co-campers
- Care for your cast-iron skillet once it is cooled
- Plan your next amazing day of camping & hiking!
Did you like this recipe? Pin the below image to save for later!
lolglobetrotting’s Latest Posts
- Official Bucket List Places to Visit & How to Make a Travel Bucket List
- 4 Best Things in Kootenay National Park
- 8 Best Things to do in Jasper National Park
- 7 Best Hikes in Banff National Park & Free Camping
- 4 Best Hikes in Yoho National Park
We wrote an travel eBook with you in mind, and have given you EVERYTHING we know about how to maximize your ability to travel the world! The book has 3 parts:
- How to get INCREDIBLE Travel Deals
- Budgeting Your Life to Travel
- How to Get Away From Work
50% of the proceeds from the sale of our eBook is going to a cause that we care about: funding a trip for a family in need! We are putting $5 from every eBook purchase towards a trip for a family who isn’t be able to take a trip.
Do you know of a family in need who could use a trip?? Let us know!