I have literally never met someone who did not enjoy tacos. Not one person on earth hears ‘tacos are for dinner’ and doesn’t JUMP FOR JOY! But the best way to have tacos is this yummy camping recipe!
After a long day of snorkeling, hiking, or maybe just hanging at the beach with a cold drink in your hand, there’s nothing better than sitting down to a delicious meal. A delicious tex-mex fiesta in your mouth, if you choose our 1-pan turkey tacos!
It is yummy. It is inexpensive to prepare. And because it is all prepped in 1 pan, it is SO easy to clean up! We are talking 5-10 minutes of cleanup time, people!
Without further ado, it is taco time.
[This ingredient count is for 2 servings. If you are cooking for more, you might have to break out your TI-89 calculator and do the math.]
- 1/2 white onion
- 4 sweet peppers
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 8 oz protein of your choosing (optional, we chose to use turkey!)
- 1 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- Taco seasoning (option, to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado
- Camping Stove (or fire pit complete with fire)
- Cast-iron Skillet
- Cast-iron Scraper & Oil (for skillet care)
- Turn on camping stove and heat up cast-iron skillet
- While skillet is heating, chop up peppers, onions, jalapenos, and protein
- If you’re using uncooked protein, cook in the sizzling cast-iron skillet
- Add peppers and onions
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until peppers, onions, jalapenos, and protein have a little bit of char
- Add water and taco seasoning
- Once the entire dish starts bubbling, add rice
- Boil until rice is cooked (5 minutes for Minute Rice)
- Add any hot sauce(s) to your heart’s delight
- Slice up avocado
- Prepare each taco with love & care by scooping taco skillet into tortilla and adding avocado
- Serve to your salivating co-campers
- Care for your cast-iron skillet once it is cooled
- Plan your next amazing day of camping & hiking!
Did you like this recipe? Pin the below image to save for later!
lolglobetrotting’s Latest Posts
- Ultimate Vail & Beaver Creek Skiing Guide – and New Year's Eve!
- Official Crater Lake Hiking Guide – 2 Day Itinerary
- Best Hikes in Yosemite – 2 Day Itinerary
- Kelowna BC – The Jewel of Okanagan Valley
- Official Oregon Coast Road Trip Itinerary
We wrote an travel eBook with you in mind, and have given you EVERYTHING we know about how to maximize your ability to travel the world! The book has 3 parts:
- How to get INCREDIBLE Travel Deals
- Budgeting Your Life to Travel
- How to Get Away From Work
50% of the proceeds from the sale of our eBook is going to a cause that we care about: funding a trip for a family in need! We are putting half the proceeds from every eBook purchase towards a trip for a family who isn’t be able to take a trip.
Do you know of a family in need who could use a trip?? Let us know!