Hi! We are Zach & Julie & Kobe Ruhl, the creators of Ruhls of the Road! We are launching this YouTube channel to document our adventure living out of our Do It Yourself CamperVan – Winnie! Winnie is an absolute beauty of a vehicle – a 2001 Volkswagen Eurovan who loves living the van life.
We have been living the van life since December 2018, and have been loving every day exploring, adventuring, hiking, camping, and doing the darn thing!
Every week, we are going to post a brief recap of the previous week showing all of the cool and crazy shenanigans we got ourselves into that week! There will be some tears, some laughs, some scrapes & bruises, and a whole lot of adventure along the way.
Now let’s get to it. This video is recapping our time in…drum roll please…Glacier National Park!
Hiking and Camping in Glacier National Park and the surrounding area in Northern Montana is a TOP notch outdoors experience! Glacier is one of the best places in the United States for ALL of the following adventure activities:
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boarding
- Swimming (just have to brave the cold…)
VIDEO TIME STAMPS:
0:00 – Introduction to Zach, Julie, Kobe, and Winnie!
1:34 – Glacier National Park Montage
2:34 – Thank You & Please Subscribe!
Fun Facts about Glacier National Park
- It has been nicknamed the ‘Crown of the Continent’ and the ‘Last Best Place’
- Glacier is the world’s FIRST International Peace Park (along with Waterton Lakes National Park in Canada)
- The ‘Going to the Sun Road’ (one of the most beautiful drives on planet earth) was completed in 1932, 22 years after the park first opened in 1910
- There are over 700 lakes and over 700 MILES of trails in Glacier!
- Glacier is over 1,000,000 acres large. A MILLION!
- There are 26 active glaciers in Glacier National Park, each one shrinking in size every year
Does anyone else not know what a glacier even is? We didn’t… We knew they were huge and they were made of ice, but that’s about it. This article helped us learn more before visiting Glacier National Park!
We truly believe that people can learn SO much about themselves AND about other cultures by traveling. Hitting the road and experiencing new places, people, & things will open up anyone’s mind to new things they never dreamed before! Check out our Wanderful Destinations page on our blog to get our tips & tricks on amazing places we’ve been to around the world!
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for more content and to follow the vlog!
If you loved this vlog, please use the below image to Pin It and save for later!
Ruhls of the Road utilizes affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of our product links, we will receive a small commission at no cost to you. This supports us and enables us to keep generating content for you to consume for free!