We know packing can be a struggle. On our first trip together (to San Diego!) the airline lost Julie’s checked bag, and she spent the whole trip switching between 2 bikinis and 2 t-shirts we got at a souvenir shop… From then on we have COMPLETELY avoided checking bags, even on long trips abroad! We have developed our official girls guide to packing. This is specific to a two week hiking trip through Europe, but feel free to steal our tips for any trip you’re taking!
Packing for a trip abroad can be a harrowing experience for some. Pulling your hair out as you imagine all of the different scenarios that may come about, just knowing (KNOWING!) that there is something you’re not thinking of. Something that is going to ruin your trip because you didn’t bring everything you needed. Follow our instructions and we guarantee you will be 100% signed, sealed, delivered to an amazing experience abroad!
Official Packing List – Clothes
Of course you are gonna need clothes. But what are you really going to need? Options. Any girl knows that. Options are a NEED-TO-HAVE, not a nice-to-have.
The only problem is that you do NOT have enough space for your whole closet, no matter how good of a packer you are. And for a 2 week trip in Europe you are NOT going to want to be lugging around 2 giant bags of clothes.
Never fear, we have a tried and true packing list that we’ve tested and tweaked until we got it perfect. For clothes, you are going to need to limit yourself to what you can fit into a hardsided carry-on roller bag. Stop panicking, you can do this. Here’s how to do it:
- Beach: Swim Suits x5 – Beach Towel x1
- Tops: Work-out Shirts x5 – Tank Tops x3 – T Shirts x2
- Warmth: Sweater x1 – Sweat Shirt x1 – Zip Up x1 – Rain Jacket x1
- Dresses: Sun Dress x2 – Maxi Dress x2 – Romper x1 – Long Skirt x1
- Pants: Jeans x1 – Leggings x2 – Sweat Pants x1
- Shorts: Jean Shorts x2 – Work-out Shorts x4
- Unmentionables: Socks x7 – Undies x12 – Bras x3 – Sports Bras x6
- Kicks: Tennis Shoes x1 – Sandals x1
- More: Baller Fanny Pack x1 – Toiletries & Bathroom Bag – Travel Pillow
- Bag Recommendation: Cheapest 20″ Hardside Spinner Luggage You Can Find!
Packing Your Clothes
Packing List – Other
Now that you know what you’re going to wear, now you need to pack everything for what you’re going to DO! Are you into photography? Hiking? Reading? Music? Drinking? Eating? Running? All of the above?? Us too.
We found a way to fit absolutely everything we are going to need, except clothes and toiletries, into a backpack. That way it is easy walking through the airport, in between hotels, and through the city. Just throw a backpack on and grab your carry-on roller bag and you’re good to go!
Here’s what we bring on any and every trip we go on, all fitting in a backpack that fits under an airplane seat:
Packing Your Carry-On
- Camera & Lenses
- Camera Bag, Tripod & Accessories
- GoPro Hero4 Black & Accessories
- DJI Mavic Mini Drone
- Bose Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones
- Beats Athletic Headphones
- Amazon Kindle
- Woodchuck Adventure Notebook
- Macbook Air Laptop
- Mini Backpack
- International Outlet Adaptors
- Travel Snacks
- Bag Recommendation: North Coyote Hiking Cooler Backpack
More Packing Hacks to Help You Out
And we’re off!
If you loved this article please Pin it using the image below!
We wrote an travel eBook with you in mind, and have given you EVERYTHING we know about how to maximize your ability to travel the world! The book has 3 parts:
- How to get INCREDIBLE Travel Deals
- Budgeting Your Life to Travel
- How to Get Away From Work
50% of the proceeds from the sale of our eBook is going to a cause that we care about: funding a trip for a family in need! We are putting $5 from every eBook purchase towards a trip for a family who isn’t be able to take a trip.
Do you know of a family in need who could use a trip?? Let us know!